Monday, May 20, 2013

Getting To Know Him.

He's always there for us. Whether its a good or bad situation, He's there. He gave us this life and made a plan for us. As for me, He's the one and only Father & Creator of this world.
I may not have a very sad story or turning point in my life yet. But I hope that when it comes, I'll remember to think positive and let Him steady my confused human heart. I lived my life knowing Him and what He can do. He was introduced to me in a way that I'll never forget. I was a kid back then. Before I go to sleep I would kneel down and clasp my hands to pray. Then, I would recite the Lord's Prayer.
As time passes, I seem to have forgotten that prayer and started constructing my own. I grew up and didn't lose my connection with Him. Although, I didn't progress either.
I transferred to a new school. It was a Christian school. There, I was able to exercise my faith and was able to learn more about Him. After 3 years, I found my home church and went there for Sunday school. It was fun but most of all, it allowed me to view my faith in a wider perspective. Not only did I gain knowledge about God, I also gained new friends.
To be honest, I was not the one to read the Bible everyday. Although I made plans to finish reading it with understanding within a year, it didn't happen.
I still remember that Sunday when I started reading it everyday. The pastor in our church gave us a Bible reading plan. This paved ways for me to have a goal to accomplish reading it with understanding within a year. I started on April 16, 2013 and would finish on April 16, 2014.
Along with the Bible, I also read Our Daily Bread. These two books remind me of my purpose in life. It reminds me that God should be the center of my life and nothing else.
These pictures of the Bible & Our Daily Bread sort of describes what my faith used to be and what it is now.
At first, it was dimmed. I knew about Him but I didn't take time to know more about Him. Now, its burning with passion to know Him better and to be able to know what He wants me to do. :)







No comments:

Post a Comment