Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer 2013.

To be frank, I didn't spend my summer the way I was planning before it was summer. But, I guess I've been productive enough to do things that I've never done before. :) Although, nothing much has changed. I admit that the first few weeks of summer went alright. Now that its about to end, I realize just how much important it is to spend it wisely doing the things that you want to do. And that to waste it would be the most stupid thing.
Well, I guess you can't blame yourself forever. I still have time though. But still I'm sure my summer didn't go to a waste. Here are the things that I've done to keep my summer busy and at the same time fun! After all, that's what summer is all about.

This summer was not the best of all summers. I didn't take vacation out of town or go to some fancy place. I didn't take advance classes like I used to. In short, I stayed at home and went out on Sundays. This made me bored. But it also made me do things that don't require going out.

First, I developed my cooking ability. I can cook now even without the help of my mom. I can cook on my own. Yippee! Now, all I'm doing is trying to remember recipes. This is a must. :)

Second, I learned the ukulele. The first song that I ever played in my ukulele days is the wonderful song by the Beatles, Let It Be. The Beatles is my dad's fave band of all time. So I guess I sort of grew up hearing it. Let It Be is definitely one of my faves too. :)

Third, I have decided to improve my guitar skills. I wanted to play more complicated songs. :) That's just it.

Fourth, I discovered a darker side of my poetry. I don't know but almost all of the poems I wrote this summer is a bit depressing.

Fifth, I re-read my old books since I didn't buy new ones (though I really want to). And I found out that re-reading it makes it more sentimental to readers like me. I may have understood it better now.

Sixth, I start my day with reading the Word of God. I try to read it everyday. I guess my faith grew too.

Seventh, I wake up early everyday. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment